Invisalign is a great way to straighten teeth for adults and teens. Invisalign teen can let your child straighten their teeth without the hassle of traditional or metal braces. There are many pros and cons of Invisalign clear aligners. At our orthodontic office in Allen, TX, our orthodontists specialize in Invisalign treatment and can provide you with the highest level of care.
Invisalign Teen is very similar to traditional Invisalign except for one key feature...a little blue dot. This blue indicator is on every clear aligner tray. The indicator will show the orthodontist, and the parents, if the patient was wearing their aligners for long enough. If the blue dot disappears than the teen is wearing their trays for long enough but if they blue dot remains than we know that our patient needs to work on their compliance.
Invisalign teen has many advantages over traditional braces. Here are a few reasons to choose Invisalign over clear or metal braces:
1. Esthetics: Invisalign is the most esthetic way to straighten teeth.
2. Cleanliness: You can remove your clear aligners to brush and floss your teeth which makes for better oral hygiene.
3. Less office visits: You will typically have less office visits for Invisalign versus traditional braces.
4. Less emergency visits: There is typically virtually no emergency visits for Invisalign teen whereas there are broken bracket visits for patients with braces.
At Thrive Dental and Orthodontics our goal is to get you the best result in the least amount of time. That being said, there are a few tips that all teens who choose Invisalign should be aware of.
1. You will need to wear your clear aligners at least 22 hours a day. This includes at school, during practice, at night etc.
2. The better you wear your clear aligners the better the result will be.
3. You will likely get some attachments on your teeth so ask your orthodontist about where they may be placed.
4. Get all of your dental work done before starting Invisalign teen because if you get it done after the impression or scan the new trays may not fit.
We are so excited to get to meet you and help you along your orthodontic journey!
We are always excited to hear from new Thrive Dental patients in Allen, TX. Reach out anytime!
we want to hear from you